Freedom From Exploitation & Survivor Leader Network of San Diego - Serving those who have been exploited in the sex industry.
RSS

Recent Posts

I've never blogged before, but here goes.
powered by

My Blog

I've never blogged before, but here goes.

I have had this account for a very long time to let people know I'm here in San Diego, CA.

I have never blogged before, but here goes. From one of my 'girls' at Juvenile Hall - I thank you and praise your strength.

"Something I hope to change for myself is my outlook on life. I hope to have the wisdom to buckle down and really start thinking about my future. I want to change My lifestyle. I want to keep my body healthy by not using drugs, smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. I want to change my diet when I get out and start eating healthier meals and control the amount of food I eat. I want to start doing more activities such as hiking, jogging, working out and swimming to improve my physical health so I can prepare myself for the Navy.

Something I want to leave behind and heal from is prostitution because I believe it was just something I went through, it doesn't define me and it is definitely not who I am.

Some[thing] I want to let go of is negative influences. I need to free myself from the people who are destructive in my life. I will surround myself with people who will lift my up, because a wise woman once told me you can't become what you need to be by remaining what you are."

Out of the mouths of babes!

I am a parent, a daughter, a sister, a wife. I have been a Marine, a friend and a sponsor to some. I have a sponsor who is incredibility wise. I may not be rich, but I am blessed beyond measure with the friends who are around me.

Thank you my friends and my wife for being the wind beneath my wings, the angels in my life and a blessing in my heart.

9 Comments to I've never blogged before, but here goes.:

Comments RSS
scappoose on Saturday, December 10, 2016 11:07 AM
Reply to comment

Kathi Hardy on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:05 PM
@scappoose, This is so true, if nothing happens, nothing happens. If you run away, there you are - with all of the baggage you brought with you. Go to a safe place, work on yourself. Healing and recovery is an "inside" job.

Ruby on Saturday, December 10, 2016 11:13 AM
Kathi, your writing is extraordinary! I appreciate you babe. I will follow your suggestion. After reading I got a great feeling about the issue. Thank you very much for sharing this post with us.
Reply to comment

Kathi Hardy on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:13 PM
@Ruby, The kids I see at the Girl's Rehab Facility are phenomenal. They have seen, done and had so much done to them, yet they are resilient. Their writing motivates me to continue the fight against the sex industry. The sex industry is trying to "normalize" things that are not normal to our society. To listen to much of the rap music today, signing about pimping & ho'in; violence against women and children; video games like Grand Theft Auto that includes hunting of prostitutes in it; is disgusting. We are groomed to listen to the beat, but the message is of degradation and violence. God Bless our kids today - there is a better way!

werewr on Monday, March 06, 2017 1:41 AM
dsfdse
Reply to comment

Kathi Hardy on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:14 PM
@werewr, What's up?

Ryder Wiggins on Saturday, July 08, 2017 12:17 AM
Reply to comment

http://www.bestessay.org/ on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:32 AM
It is good that finally you decided to do blogging. Because, I think that blogging can help us in variety of ways. They allow us to share our talent with other people. We can meet with many new people and can make different relations with them.
Reply to comment

Lipozene Review on Friday, August 25, 2017 3:19 AM
The informational website which is used by the various people in order to get and share some kind of knowledge is known to be blogs. Blogging has now become the great source of earning too.
Reply to comment